Hello and welcome to the Be Stirred Community!
This is a place for you to express your thoughts on important issues as well as share knowledge and wisdom with your peers. We also encourage you to post photos and videos of powerful, positive things that you feel everyone could benefit from seeing (save the x- rated stuff for another site, however). This is to be a place of awareness and inspiration. We want you to feel free to be as honest and as passionate as possible. You and the other members of the Be Stirred Community are the future leaders of the world. Let’s do it differently than all those who have led before us. Let’s join together in a mutually beneficial movement that leads to the betterment of all! We should always be actively using our minds and never allow others to EASILY influence us.
As young adults trying to get ahead in the world, it can be hard to think about anything other than ourselves. We understand this. Keep in mind that the people that give back in grandiose ways are no better than the person who takes in their neighbor in hard times. We all have the ability to “give back” on different levels and sometimes it is the little things that are the most effective and truly lead to positive change...
- Be patient when an elder needs an ear to tell a story from the past to, you may need someone one day too.
- Take the time to strike up conversation with the people sitting next to you on the airplane. They may have some free knowledge to share and vice versa.
- Pick up the random person hitch hiking on the street
- Be the shoulder for someone to lean on.
- Read the red flags of a friend, colleague, or fellow student that is troubled. Seek professional help for them and support them on their road to recovery.
- Go through your closet and donate the clothes you no longer wear to either the Goodwill, a women and children’s shelter or a homeless shelter.
- Buy energy efficient products and be conscious of your impact on the environment.
- Stay up to date on world events, discover which ones you are passionate about and take action.
- Convince your office to go paperless.
- Ask your employer to donate postage or supplies for a charity event.
- Carpool when possible.
- Vote based on the issues the candidate stands for, not the public image the candidate presents or strictly by the political party they are affiliated with.
- Understand that YOU, one person, truly can make a difference in the world.
Ultimately, the world will be a happier place if we all recognize that by genuinely helping others, we help ourselves.
We found the following exerpt from a book in one of our Grandmother's library called "The Art Of Living" by: Wilfred Peterson
We give ourselves when we give gifts of the heart: love, kindness, joy, understanding, sympathy, tolerance, forgiveness...
We give ourselves when we give gifts of the mind: ideas, dreams, purposes, ideals, principles, plans, inventions, projects, poetry...
We give ourselves when we give gifts of the spirit: vision, beauty, aspiration, peace, faith...
We give ourselves when we give the gift of words: encouragement, inspiration, guidance....
The gifts of things are never as precious as the gifts of thought.
Thanks for your support and kindly ask all your friends to join the Be Stirred Community along with you! Be sure to visit the link at the bottom of our home page that says, “Be Stirred Reccommends”. This is where you can find books, movies, organizations and websites that have inspired us to create Be Stirred and strive to be better people. Now, go stir it up!